8 Simple Exercises Everyday that You can Still Fit In to Stay Healthy.
Are you thinking that you don’t have time to fit exercise into your busy lifestyle? Well, think again! Here are 8 simple routines that are easy to do and – best of all – they don’t take much time. Just spend 10 minutes or less on these easy activities and a new, healthier lifestyle will be yours!
As always, be sure to check with your doctor before starting any new exercise routine.
*****Major Back Pain Relief In Just 16 Minutes?******
⇐ (CLICK HERE TO LEARN HOW!!!) ⇑
Surely you can fit these fun, healthy activities into your busy life:
- Jump rope. If you haven’t tried jumping rope lately, now is the time to give this fun and invigorating exercise a try. Purchase a jump rope or fashion your own from any sturdy piece of rope. Start slowly and gradually increase both your speed and intensity. This heart-healthy exercise can be performed a few times a day for maximum exercise benefits.
» Read: 9 Fitness Tips While Gardening « « «
- Climb stairs. Did you know that staircase in your home or workplace is actually a mini-gym in disguise? Take advantage of this exercise opportunity whenever you have a few extra minutes to spare. Climbing stairs builds strength and gets your heart pumping.
- Listen to music or an audiobook while going up and down the stairs. Before you know it, you’ll be looking forward to your climbing sessions!
- Dance to the music. Don’t be shy! Turn up your favorite music and dance with abandon! Dancing is not only fun, but it’s also a terrific form of exercise. Professional dancers are more fit than many professional athletes!
- Bounce on a mini-trampoline. No doubt about it. Trampolines are just plain fun! Mini-trampolines can be purchased at many chain stores, sporting goods stores, or online. Pull out your trampoline and spend just five minutes jumping away. You may enjoy this exercise so much that you’ll increase the amount of time you have available for your exercise routine.
Many mini trampolines such as this one are available on Amazon. Always observe caution however, make sure the trampoline is secure. You don’t want to end up on the floor with a sprain or at worst, a broken bone!
- Quick calisthenics. Everyone has, at one time or another, practiced calisthenics. Now is the time to remember those lunges, knee bends, and jumping jacks of days gone by! Finding just five minutes in your hectic day to practice one or more of these calisthenics exercise routines can make a big difference in your health.
- Lift weights. Many exercise routines neglect that all-important need to increase upper body strength. Lifting weights solves that problem. Depending on your size and fitness level, choose the amount of weight appropriate for you. Start with lighter weights, and as you spend time on a daily routine, gradually increase the amount of weight you can handle.
- Walk faster. Will you be walking the dog later today? Or perhaps walking from your car into the shopping mall? Picking up your walking speed will also increase your fitness level. Walking of any kind is always a good thing, but walking faster enhances the exercise benefits you receive from it.
- Practice balance. Part of any healthy lifestyle is having a good balance. The more you practice, the easier it is to maintain balance not only in your exercise routine but also in your daily life. Practicing balance requires only a few minutes a day and best of all can be practiced anywhere with no special equipment.
Stand a few feet from a wall, kitchen counter, or other supporting structure and raise one foot off the ground. Hold this for 5 – 10 seconds. Maintain balance as long as you can. Repeat with the other foot.
- As seen in this picture, place one foot forward, the other foot in the back. Raise your arms as seen here and hold the pose for 5 seconds or more, maintaining your balance. Alternate with the left and right foot to strengthen both legs.
There are many more exercises you can do to improve balance. for the purpose of this short article, let’s keep it simple. But you get the idea. Tai Chi is a great exercise to improve balance. I have always recommended this exercise that is great for wellness. Yoga is an excellent exercise for promoting balance as well.
- With daily practice, you’ll notice a gradual increase in the amount of time you can keep your balance.
By following just a few of these simple and quick exercise routines, you’ll be on your way to a healthier and happy lifestyle. Don’t wait for tomorrow. Start now!
(To order an expanded and detailed article on this topic for your website, magazine, periodicals, newsletters, or organization from 1k to 5k words, contact author.)