How Daily Walks Can Give You these 9 Great Benefits
Why you should start walking every day!
The maximum health benefits from exercise can be reached with a modest routine.
Doing more will make you fitter, but not healthier. You also increase the likelihood of injury.
Walking is a natural activity that almost anyone can do. There are numerous health benefits to be gained from regular, brisk walking. Your overall health, brain, waistline, and mental health are all enhanced by walking.
👉👉👉6 Easy Home Remedies To Relieve Sore Muscles
THE HEEL TO TOE PATTERN
This is the ideal walking pattern as it encourages you to contract the quadriceps muscles to lock and stabilize the knee for a better grip on the ground. It also ensures a stable knee at heel strike, that moment where the heel is in full contact with the ground.
Do not forget to put on comfortable shoes or footwear that absorbs impact especially when you are walking on concrete. The spine is subjected to an impact of three to four times your body weight as your heel strikes the ground.
SAFETY DURING YOUR WALKS
Bring a walking stick or a cane to stabilize yourself if it is grass or uneven ground you are walking through. Not bad for keeping away stray territorial pet dogs in the neighborhood! If necessary because of some physical difficulty, use a walker! It will ensure your safety and stability while enjoying the walk.
👉👉👉Avoid Exercise Injuries: Top Tips
Walk your way to good health
1. Control blood glucose levels. A 15-minute walk after a meal has been shown to lower blood sugar in those with glucose control issues.
The risk of type-2 diabetes is lowered by 60% in those that walk daily.
2. Walking enhances brain health. What better way to keep that brain working? Walking has been shown to boost grades, memory, and creativity. Who knew you could get smarter, slimmer, and healthier from the simple act of taking a walk?
3. Walking is a great opportunity to think and make decisions. A brisk walk takes you out of your home or office. A change in scenery can clear your mind and provide the mental space necessary to make a wise decision.
4. Strengthen your heart. Even a modest pace is enough to keep your heart in good shape.
Walking has been shown to lower levels of bad cholesterol while raising good cholesterol.
Walking is also good for your blood pressure. Walking reduces your risk of heart attacks and stroke. Thirty minutes a day is all it takes.
5. Control weight. A walk won’t undo the ravages of a triple bacon cheeseburger, but it does burn a few calories. More importantly, walking helps to keep your metabolism in shape. Excess calories are dealt with more effectively.
6. Walking is cheap and easy. Aside from a pair of shoes, and even shoes are optional, you don’t need anything to go for a walk. There’s no complex skill to learn or expensive equipment to purchase.
Walking is an option for nearly anyone, regardless of age or current fitness level.
It’s easy on your joints and carries a minimal risk of injury.
7. Lift your mood. If you’re feeling a little blue, a short walk can give a needed boost to your morale. Those that walk regularly report having a better mood than those that don’t.
8. Reduce stress. Take walk the next time you’re feeling stressed. Walking attacks stress in two ways. It can take your mind off your challenges. It also metabolizes the biochemical and neurotransmitters that create the physiological feelings and symptoms of stress.
9. Increase your lifespan. The number of years you can expect to gain from 2.5 hours of walking each week is at least 3-4. Not bad for results from an activity that most people find enjoyable.
New Year has just passed us. How is your New Year’s resolution going?
Imagine how much you could strengthen your health with a New Year’s resolution to walk for 30 minutes at least four times each week.
Let go of your belief that you need to sweat and strain at the gym to be healthy. Exercise can be more comfortable than that. It can be a great quality time with a loved one or loved ones!
Add a daily walk to your routine. After dinner is an ideal time. Take the entire family out for a stroll each evening. Take your beloved fur baby for a walk. They’ll love you more for it.
👉👉👉SAUNA Versus ICE BATH: Which One Works Better?
You will all benefit from and enjoy the time spent together. If you regularly avoid exercise, a simple walking routine can be an effective way to get the exercise you need without the headache of driving to a gym.
Until the next article!