9 Tips To Get Fit While Gardening Having a garden is a great opportunity to get fit and stay fit. It keeps one moving! Are you lucky enough to have a garden? If you are, you probably love spending time in it, using it to help relax and unwind after a tough day at work. How many times did you go out to tend to your garden and before you know it, it’s late! Just imagine how much physical activity you have accomplished while enjoying what you did.
👉👉👉9 Great Benefits of A Daily Walk
Besides the obvious benefits of stress relief and good food or beautiful plants, you can also use your garden to keep you fit!
Try these techniques to get fit while gardening:
- Grab a broom and sweep. If you see a few fallen leaves laying on the floor of your garden, grab a broom and sweep them away. Sweeping could burn as many as 200 calories per hour. Make it a cardio workout by sweeping hard and fast, as this will get your heart beating in no time at all.
👉👉👉Prevent Back Pain with these Simple Lifestyle Changes
- Use a rake. Using a rake is an even bigger calorie-burner than sweeping, burning as many as 300 calories every hour. After you’ve trimmed your lawn, grab a rake and use it to make huge piles of the grass, which can then be hauled away.
- Trim the trees. A good calorie burner is trimming or pruning the trees in your garden. You will probably have to climb up to the branches, plus the sawing is hard work too. Just a few minutes of pruning the dead branches from the trees in your garden will give you a good workout.
- Hydra Coco Coconut Water – A Personal Review
- Digging. When you dig, you’re using your back, arms, shoulders, core, and leg muscles. It really is a great form of exercise that will get you breathing heavily in no time at all. Whether you’re digging holes for some new plants or turning over soil, it’s a great way to get fitter. 👉👉👉 Diabetes & Sleep: What You Need To Know
- Hoeing. Similar to digging, hoeing is a good exercise that is useful for turning over the soil to remove those annoying weeds. It can be especially hard when working on rocky ground. Just a few short minutes and you will have worked up quite a sweat.
- Squat when you are weeding. Instead of using a chair or kneeling while you weed, use the opportunity to get a leg workout in. Each time you reach down for a weed, squat into position and hold the position until your legs start to burn. If you can avoid sitting or kneeling, your legs will get a great workout.
- Build something for the garden. Carpentry can be hard work and is another way to get fit while gardening. Perhaps you could think about building a new greenhouse, chicken coop, garden box, or maybe even a playhouse/treehouse if you have children. Not only are you getting a good workout, but you’re also adding value to your home.
- Mow your lawn. Forget about a ride-on lawnmower. Use a lawnmower that you can push. If you use it around your lawn, you’ll no doubt be sweating and out of breath by the time you finish.
- Put that wheelbarrow to good use. Using a wheelbarrow is a good workout for your core, forearms, arms, shoulders, and back. Not to mention, working those quads, hamstrings, and trunk! It gives you an excellent upper body workout while ensuring that you’re leaving your garden nice and tidy.
Using your garden for working out may seem easier said than done. Consider these ideas of what you can do to get fit while keeping your garden looking beautiful.
Another benefit of working outdoors is that you are getting some fresh air and plenty of Vitamin D from the sunlight, which is both important for your good health.
So, put on those gardening gloves and hats today!
👉👉👉Inflatable Neck Traction – A Very Practical Remedy for Neck Pain & Soreness
Why you should start walking every day!
It’s not necessary to train like an Olympic athlete to be healthy. In fact, too much exercise is actually less healthy.
The maximum health benefits from exercise can be reached with a modest routine.
Doing more will make you fitter, but not healthier. You also increase the likelihood of injury.
Walking is a natural activity that almost anyone can do. There are numerous health benefits to be gained from regular, brisk walking. Your overall health, brain, waistline, and mental health are all enhanced by walking.
👉👉👉6 Easy Home Remedies To Relieve Sore Muscles
THE HEEL TO TOE PATTERN
This is the ideal walking pattern as it encourages you to contract the quadriceps muscles to lock and stabilize the knee for a better grip on the ground. It also ensures a stable knee at heel strike, that moment where the heel is in full contact with the ground.
Do not forget to put on comfortable shoes or footwear that absorbs impact especially when you are walking on concrete. The spine is subjected to an impact of three to four times your body weight as your heel strikes the ground.
SAFETY DURING YOUR WALKS
Bring a walking stick or a cane to stabilize yourself if it is grass or uneven ground you are walking through. Not bad for keeping away stray territorial pet dogs in the neighborhood! If necessary because of some physical difficulty, use a walker! It will ensure your safety and stability while enjoying the walk.
👉👉👉Avoid Exercise Injuries: Top Tips
Walk your way to good health
1. Control blood glucose levels. A 15-minute walk after a meal has been shown to lower blood sugar in those with glucose control issues.
The risk of type-2 diabetes is lowered by 60% in those that walk daily.
2. Walking enhances brain health. What better way to keep that brain working? Walking has been shown to boost grades, memory, and creativity. Who knew you could get smarter, slimmer, and healthier from the simple act of taking a walk?
3. Walking is a great opportunity to think and make decisions. A brisk walk takes you out of your home or office. A change in scenery can clear your mind and provide the mental space necessary to make a wise decision.
4. Strengthen your heart. Even a modest pace is enough to keep your heart in good shape.
Walking has been shown to lower levels of bad cholesterol while raising good cholesterol.
Walking is also good for your blood pressure. Walking reduces your risk of heart attacks and stroke. Thirty minutes a day is all it takes.
5. Control weight. A walk won’t undo the ravages of a triple bacon cheeseburger, but it does burn a few calories. More importantly, walking helps to keep your metabolism in shape. Excess calories are dealt with more effectively.
6. Walking is cheap and easy. Aside from a pair of shoes, and even shoes are optional, you don’t need anything to go for a walk. There’s no complex skill to learn or expensive equipment to purchase.
Walking is an option for nearly anyone, regardless of age or current fitness level.
It’s easy on your joints and carries a minimal risk of injury.
7. Lift your mood. If you’re feeling a little blue, a short walk can give a needed boost to your morale. Those that walk regularly report having a better mood than those that don’t.
8. Reduce stress. Take walk the next time you’re feeling stressed. Walking attacks stress in two ways. It can take your mind off your challenges. It also metabolizes the biochemical and neurotransmitters that create the physiological feelings and symptoms of stress.
9. Increase your lifespan. The number of years you can expect to gain from 2.5 hours of walking each week is at least 3-4. Not bad for results from an activity that most people find enjoyable.
New Year has just passed us. How is your New Year’s resolution going?
Imagine how much you could strengthen your health with a New Year’s resolution to walk for 30 minutes at least four times each week.
Let go of your belief that you need to sweat and strain at the gym to be healthy. Exercise can be more comfortable than that. It can be a great quality time with a loved one or loved ones!
Add a daily walk to your routine. After dinner is an ideal time. Take the entire family out for a stroll each evening. Take your beloved fur baby for a walk. They’ll love you more for it.
👉👉👉SAUNA Versus ICE BATH: Which One Works Better?
You will all benefit from and enjoy the time spent together. If you regularly avoid exercise, a simple walking routine can be an effective way to get the exercise you need without the headache of driving to a gym.
Until the next article!